Registration for regular, special and individual courses for First Term 2021 will occur from 14th December 2020 – 18th January 2021. Registrations after this date may not be accepted.
New and continuing students should download the corresponding registration form according to language from the UNON Language Programme website available by clicking on the tab for the specific language they are registering for.
Once filled, registration forms should be submitted by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or to the Language Programme Reception, W Block East Wing. Incomplete registration forms will not be processed.
Registration forms are processed on a first-come, first-served basis as space in the Language Programme is limited. Once a course is full, subsequent registrants are placed on a waiting list. If a space becomes available within the first week of the term, the students on the waiting list may be contacted. A minimum of six students must register to enable the formation of a class. All registrants will be notified of their registration by 20th January 2021.
Payment of Fees
For UN organisation sponsored registrants
All staff members who wish to register for language and communication training must:
- Complete the appropriate language registration form, obtaining approval from their Supervisor and certification of fund allocation from a certifying officer (account and signature).
- Submit the form to the Language Programme no later than 18th January 2021 for the first term beginning on 25th January 2021.
UN organisations will be billed during the first week of the term for all registered students.
Staff Members sponsored by a UN organisation will not be permitted to repeat a course unless they register as self-paying participants. Fee paying participants can repeat a course only once at any level.
For self-paying registrants
- Submit the registration form to the Language Programme no later than 18th January 2021 for the first term beginning on 25th January 2021.
- Incomplete registration forms will not be processed.
- Make the payment once they receive the email confirming their registration (five working days prior to first class). They should have their registration form approved by Language Programme with an official stamp and signature and should take it to Standard Chartered Bank.
- Once the payment is made, self-paying registrants are then requested to bring their paid form with their receipts back to Language Programme, W Block East Wing where a copy of their receipts will be filed.
Payment can be made through EFT, after which the proof of payment has be to be forwarded to the UNON Language Programme email.
The payment details are included below:
Bank Name – Standard Chartered Bank
Bank ID – 003091
Swift Code – SCBLKENXXXX ( or SCBLKENX )
Branch name – Muthaiga Branch
Street address – Muthaiga
City – Nairobi
Postal code – 00100
Country – Kenya
Account name – United Nations (KESC4) USD
Bank Account no. – 8708018789000
Only US Dollars payments will be accepted.
Cancellations or withdrawals from a language course are required in writing to the Language Programme Head Teacher no later than 18th January 2021. No refunds will be issued for cancellations/no-shows after this date.
Students with less than 75% attendance rate may not be allowed to sit for the final examination at the end of each term unless the language teacher so authorizes and will be considered as “repeaters” unless the absence was due to sick leave or official mission.
The language teacher must be informed of all absences, including the reason for the absence (i.e. illness, mission, or occasional pressure of work).
Students who withdraw from courses for one term or more will have to take a placement test to be readmitted to the Programme.
UNON Language Programme will coordinate with students the time and place for the placement test
Monday to Thursday from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm
or send us an e-mail at email@example.com